Mozilla is opening the attached Director of European Marketing positioning. Mozilla is an amazing place to work, believe me! What goes conveniently unmentioned below is that you will have to deal with me on a daily basis . Should you be interested in this position, please write to
firstname.lastname@example.org and use "Director of European Marketing" as the subject of your e-mail.
Director of European Marketing
(Location Flexible; Based in the EU)
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Director of European Marketing will be a responsible for driving Mozilla's growth and adoption throughout Europe through effective and results-focused marketing campaigns. Collaborating as part of a global marketing team, and with affiliates and local communities, primary responsibilities will include defining and implementing regional marketing plans and communications strategy, including product launches; driving regional brand awareness, demand generation and user retention programs; conducting research on market and user needs, trends, competitors and target segments; managing brand and product promotions and related events; recruiting and managing agencies and contractors; and assisting in PR and analyst relations activities as a product evangelist and spokesperson.
- BA/BS degree, MBA a plus. Ideally have fluency in at least 1 European language as well as English.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in consumer software market in Europe.
- Solid understanding of Web technology and competitive landscape.
- Ideal candidate will have more than 5 years direct experience in software product marketing, direct marketing, channel marketing, or consulting
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams throughout the product marketing lifecycle.
- Passion for analyzing products, customers and market dynamics.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
- Outstanding planning, communications, and analytical skills.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Experience with open source an asset.
Mozilla is focused on creating great software and maintaining choice and innovation in key Internet applications such as the highly acclaimed Mozilla Firefox web browser. We also provide a framework for the creation of web-enabled applications.
Mozilla is one of the largest open-source software development projects in existence. It includes paid and volunteer contributors numbering in the thousands, a range of spin-off projects, and a set of companies using Mozilla technology to build products. Mozilla guides the technical direction, development, testing, quality assurance, project management, software release, and infrastructure-building activities for this diverse group.
Mozilla employees work within a unique structure that combines open source DNA and development methodologies with extensive commercial involvement. We lead a highly invigorated community; our products garner worldwide attention; our technology touches the heart of the web itself. Successful employees are quick learners driven by the goals of innovation and choice on the Web, excited by change, unbothered by ambiguity, motivated by personal excellence, happy when doing many things and highly dedicated to the success of the project