Last Friday, I gave a talk at the Nonick Conference in Bilbao, Basque Country, Spain. I've put the slides on Slideshare.net: [The Open Web approach |http://www.slideshare.net/nitot/the-open-web-approach|en]. I hope to have the audio and/or the video to publish soon, if the organizers can provide me with the files.
I encourage you to view the slides, but here is what I discussed:
- Cross-platform development (Windows/Mac/Linux) is hard, but Mobile development makes things even harder
- The Open Web can be a solution especially since HTML5 and related technologies enable developers to build much richer applications, with video, audio, 3D,
- I gave demos from Web Of Wonders
- I discussed how cool it would be to have the benefits of App Stores for the Web (discovery, sense of ownership, monetization), without the negative part (centralization, possible censorship, lack of choice), as communicated a few months ago by Jay Sullivan.
I also gave a couple of TV interviews with the EITB (Basque regional TV and Website):
- A video interview for the news on Friday;
- A video interview to be published in October in Nickdutnick.
- El presidente de Mozilla Europa presenta en Nonick su nueva plataforma de aplicaciones libres para móviles ;
- Mozilla Europe's Tristan Nitot presents new mobile apps;
- Tristan Nitot, Presidente de Mozilla Europa, abrirá nonick ;